Friday, March 25, 2011

You live on Avenue Q!


Avenue Q opens tonight! Starring TB Reed! I got to see a preview last night and the puppets, the singing, the antics, so great. Also, see the lady top right? She was so good that after the show I gave her an attack hug. Luckily she was nice and didn't even mace me.

Here's a little info about this show. It is an "autobiographical and biographical" coming-of-age parable, addressing and satirizing the issues and anxieties associated with entering adulthood. Its characters lament that as children, they were assured by their parents, and by children's television programs such as Sesame Street, that they were "special" and "could do anything"; but as adults, they have discovered to their surprise and dismay that in the real world their options are not unlimited, and they are no more "special" than anyone else.

4 comments:

GTash said...

You can't put your finger there...Aaauugh! PUT YOUR FINGER THERE!

GTash said...

PS. The puppets were designed by my friend's Dad. Mike Krefting was in marching band with me...;)

Anna W. said...

That's so cool! Tell Mr. Krefting he is awesome. Tell him also that his puppets are way to heavy for the human arm! But tell him he's still awesome.

Jim said...

It's so cool to see Tom in these promos and stuff. I'm always like, I know that guy!